Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21st 2007 - A Day with few surprises

8:20 AM - The door bell rings. and a guy asked for 10 bucks and said he will clean our bikes for it. Said he is doing this part time to pay his fees.
8:21 AM - I get a bucket of water and by then the guy is gone.
8:23 AM - I search for my mobile and its missing.
8:25 AM - Nafisa walks back from shop and finds that guy going with 3 other guys on bikes.
Result - The mobile is stolen and the guy escaped. 1st surprise!

Later that morning I try to figure out a way to trace the mobile, with my efforts in vain, we start off to MG road for shopping. It lasted till evening.

4:40 PM - We came back home and got down form auto.
4:50 PM - Anwin discovers that his $20 Zippo lighter is missing and its lost in the auto rickshaw that we came in.
2nd surprise!!

I go to the police station, and trying to lodge a complaint. A theft complaint. The police is reluctant to lodge an FIR. Told me that I have to come to court and follow it up properly. I agree, but still they prefer giving me a report but not FIR.

About...
5:30 PM - I call Airtel to confirm if they can track my mobile if I provide my mobile identification number. Earlier that morning a guy said he can if I send them a copy of FIR with IMEI number of mobile. Later they say they can't do a jack to trace the mobile.
Surprise No. 3!!!

Well, now I have no way out. Looks like there is no way to track down that bastard. Aahhh....
So I just get the report form them and come back home. I start calling different house owners to find a house while Anwin and Nafisa were out searching for a tailor.

6:40 PM - Anwin calls me and tells my bikes petrol tank is dry and they are no where near a petrol bunk. The thing is I rode the bike in main and suddenly we discover that there is no more fuel to move. So now the bikes' fuel indicator is gone.
Surprise no. 4!!!!
And then the day seemed little better with no significant activity after that. Should I call it quite a bad day???

2 Comments:

Blogger Abhilash a.k.a M@x said...

It happens dude....

4:34 AM  
Blogger Zeon said...

I know... What happened has happened and wouldn't have happened in any other way :-)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home